Monday, April 11, 2011

A story to remember when you are afraid to fail...

Found a great anecdote here, translating:

The stage: Autumn. A lake. Wild geese are warming up to start flying to the south. At the front a well-built goose is stretching his muscles, all enjoying himself and looking forward to fly, when a little gray duck approaches him and starts the dialog:

- So-o-o-o... You're fly-i-i-ng south ?
- Yeah. Gotta fly south. It's warm there.
- So-o-o-o... A-a-and... I will sta-a-ay here... To Fre-e-e-eze...
- Come on, let's fly with us. Southbound.
- So-o-o-o... You've got big wings... I do not... I will fall and die...
- No problem - we'll catch you and keep you up. Air streams and all that.
- So-o-o-o... But I will get hungry on the way... And die-e-e-e-e...
- We're gonna pick up the bugs. Big, fat and tasty bugs.
- So-o-o-o... The bugs are bi-i-i-ig... Your beaks are bi-i-i-ig... Mine is small... I will choke and die...
- No problem, we'll chew them up for you. You're gonna make it.
- So-o-o-o...

(the goose straightens up and looks at the duck):

- Okay. Fuck off.
- So-o-o-o... As usu-u-u-ual... Exactly as I tho-o-o-ought... (while walking away).

No comments: