Sunday, February 8, 2009

It's a small world after all...

When we were enjoying the last hours of warm spanish weather in Barcelona on 29th January after Networkers, a few of us went to Parc Guell. It was pretty much closed, so we had a beer in a cafe which was conveniently situated here to take the profit from the wave of the visitors. And then on the way back I heard a man playing medieval Lute. Inside the ancient column-rich area - so the acoustic qualities of the area were fantastic.

Having devoted a nonzero portion of my life to the classical guitar, I can fully appreciate the richness of this instrument - and maybe given its specific non-mainstream nature, the only music I get a chance to hear with it has quite a quality. As we did not have the time to listen, I bought a CD right there. And today I finally got to slide it in... and it's pure joy. So, looking at the cover of the CD I find the name of the person, and punch it in the facebook - "Hey, maybe you do not remember me. You play great. How can I get more?". Amazing how simple it is.

Possibly some 10 years from now we will be able to get connected with someone via even a less material token of information - maybe just by recalling their image from our memory. And the world might become a much happier place then.

Or not.

No comments: